Slip in your costume and head out for an evening in town at events, live shows and celebrations occurring in Houston for Halloween 2021.
Whether or not you’re seeking to make your means (slowly, clinging to a good friend) by way of a terrifying haunted home, hop from bar to bar, have a cocktail with skeletons or go to an all-out costume ball, there are many events to let free this Halloween in Houston.
In the event you’re in search of kid-friendly Halloween actions, make sure you check out our roundup of Halloween fun for families.
2021 Halloween Occasions in Houston
Ongoing Halloween Occasions in Houston
- Zoo Boo at Houston Zoo | Each day to Halloween, Sunday, October 31 – Take a look at the return of Zoo Boo to the Houston Zoo. Go to the Large Pumpkin, discover greater than 10 completely different photograph ops all through the Zoo, stroll the brand new Lantern Tunnel between the lion and tiger displays, and extra. Costumes are strongly inspired. Included with common admission; ticket costs range primarily based on day of the week. 9am to 5pm day by day.
- 2021 Guide to Haunted Houses in Houston | Each day to Halloween, Sunday, October 31 – Whether or not you’re seeking to be chased by zombies, shocked right into a fright by creatures of the night time or tour by way of creepy locales, there’s loads of locations in Higher Houston the place you may get your scare on for Halloween 2021.
- Candlelight Halloween: A Haunted Evening of Classical Compositions at Sanman Studios | Thursday, October 28 to Saturday, October 30 – The Listeso String Quartet units up for 3 nights of compositions simply earlier than Halloween. Hear “Thriller,” John Carpenter’s “Halloween,” a tune from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, and different items alongside classical works by candlelight. Tickets are $50. 6:30pm and 9pm every night time.
- Freaky Deaky 2021 at Houston Raceway | Friday, October 29 & Saturday, October 30 – Prepare for 2 nights of costumed EDM enjoyable at this pageant happening in Baytown, that includes headliners Excision and Deadmau5, plus dozens extra DJs and pulse-pounding spooky enjoyable. Tickets are $99.95 for single-day admission; $179.95 for each days. VIP and tenting packages are additionally obtainable. 2pm to 11:30pm each nights.
- 2021 Halloween Street Party at Eagle Houston | Friday, October 29 to Halloween, Sunday, October 31 | No Cowl – The LGBTQ+ pleasant bar takes over the encircling block for a weekend celebration of Halloween, that includes drag reveals, DJs, a fancy dress contest, and extra. 21+ solely. Friday 4pm to 2am; Saturday and Sunday midday to 2am.
- Halloween Weekend at Numbers Nightclub | Friday, October 29 to Halloween, Sunday, October 31 – The favored Montrose hang-out hosts a weekend filled with feet-shuffling enjoyable with a Halloween-themed Traditional Quantity night time on Friday; a Halloween bash on Saturday night time with the normal costume contest, money prizes, and DJs; and extra spooky surprises, costumes and prizes on Halloween Evening. Cowl cost on the door. Friday 7pm to 2am; Saturday and Sunday 9pm to 2am.
- Knocking Film Screening at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Saturday, October 30 & Halloween, Sunday, October 31 – This 2021 Swedish movie is a frightful story of gaslighting when Molly, after being launched from a psychiatric ward, hears knocking and screams coming from close to her new house. However when she contacts neighbors and the police, nobody believes her and he or she finds herself in a spiral. Tickets are $9. Saturday 7pm, Sunday 5pm.
Thursday, October 28, 2021
- Halloween Throwdown at Amsterdam Co. Coffeehouse – This Heights espresso store is asking all baristas (outdated and new) to take part of their latte artwork competitors with money prizes. Spectators can get pleasure from meals from Tacos Ana meals truck and BYOB beer pong. Tickets are $15. 6pm to 8pm.
- Thriller Dance Class & Halloween Party at Just Danze – Close to Willowbrook, this dance studio will stroll you thru Michael Jackson’s Thriller dance, adopted by a dance social and winner-takes-all costume contest. Open to ages 7 and up. Tickets are $25. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Urban Green’s Halloween Screen: The Addams Family at McGovern Centennial Gardens – The Hermann Park Conservancy’s fall fundraising occasion invitations all-ages to come back out for a screening of the 1991 traditional, The Addams Household, plus get pleasure from food and drinks from some beloved eateries like Hughie’s Vietnamese Grille, Paulie’s, and Saint Arnold. Tickets are $10; $25 for the meals package deal; free for ages 3 and beneath. 7:30pm; movie begins at 8pm.
Friday, October 29, 2021
- Valloween Madness at Vallensons Brewing Co. in Pearland | No Cowl – The Pearland brewery hosts a particular Halloween occasion that includes dwell music by Castaway Radio, plus meals vehicles, a fancy dress contest, and attractive suds. 6pm to midnight.
- Scary Nature: A Halloween Night for Adults at Nature Discovery Center – This adults-only after hours occasion on the Nature Discovery Middle units out on an evening hike by way of the park, with creepy nature tales, video games, snacks and grownup drinks. Tickets are $25. 7pm to 9pm.
- Haunted Warehouse Mixer at Galveston County Food Bank – Get spooky at this social that features music, refreshments, spirits and appetizers, together with a fancy dress contest and extra inside Galveston County Meals Financial institution’s haunted warehouse. Tickets are $50; $80 for 2; 21+ solely. 7pm to 10pm.
- Halloween Outdoor Film Party: Destroy All Monsters at Asia Society Texas Center – Be part of Godzilla for the last word monster mash within the 1968 Japanese movie, Destroy All Monsters. Present up early to take part within the family-friendly model of the Squid Recreation, with prizes on the road. Costumes are inspired and quite a lot of Halloween treats will likely be on-hand. $10; snack field is $10 and serves two. 7:30pm.
- Scary Night Halloween Party at Grand Tuscany Hotel – Head to Northwest Houston for Grand Tuscany’s upscale, multilayered, worldwide Halloween celebration. Friends can hit the dancefloor to see dwell performers, eat on the buffet, drink on the bar and take part within the costume contest. Basic admission tickets start at $70. 9pm to 2am.
- Riff Raff’s Neon Icon Halloween Bash at Scout Bar in Clear Lake – The Houston rapper hosts a Halloween Bash in Clear Lake. Tickets are $20; $50 for a reserved desk; VIP packages obtainable. 9pm.
Saturday, October 30, 2021
- Haunted Halloween Horror Market Pop-Up at Wildcatter Saloon in Katy – Dozens of native distributors will arrange store at this day-before-Halloween market, which additionally gives the chance to fulfill horror celebrities from The Exorcist, Friday the thirteenth, Cujo, and different silver display screen scare movies. Tickets are $5; free for ages 12 and beneath. Midday to 7pm.
- Halloween Party & Halloweird at Southern Star Brewing Company | No Cowl – The Conroe brewery opens its doorways for an enormous celebration full with a fancy dress contest, new glassware, t-shirts, meals vehicles, and an all-day Halloweird live performance collection that includes the People Household Revival. Midday to 10pm.
- Halloween Town 2021 at Constellation Field – The ballpark in Sugar Land hosts one other yr of Halloween City, that includes sweet, distributors, a fancy dress contest, rides, and far more. Advance tickets are $10 for ages 13 and up; $7 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and beneath. Costs go up for day-of admission. 3pm to 9pm.
- 4th Annual Halloween Bar Crawl at Unicorn Disco – Again once more for its fourth yr, the Midtown pub crawl sends costumed partygoers by way of in style bars within the vigorous district with specials that embody free drinks, meals, and a $1,000 grand prize costume contest. Tickets are $25 for particular person tickets; $20 per particular person for teams of 4 or extra. 4pm to midnight.
- 3rd Annual Haunted Warehouse in Texas City – The Galveston County Meals Financial institution’s annual fundraiser returns for a 3rd yr, remodeling their warehouse into a singular, family-friendly haunted home to assist finish starvation in Galveston County. Come by early from 1pm to 5pm to get pleasure from a free Halloween carnival with distributors, video games, and trick-or-treating. Tickets are $10; free for ages 2 and beneath. 5pm to 10pm.
- Halloween Rooftop Party at Le Méridian – The well-known Le Méridien in Downtown Houston is internet hosting an unique Halloween celebration on their rooftop with one-of-a-kind metropolis views, dwell DJ, Halloween performers, contests and spooky surprises. Tickets are $62 for VIP All-Entry. 5pm to midnight.
- H-Town Pop-Up Market & Music Showcase at Strut Studios | No Cowl – Help a few of Houston’s most proficient artists and native companies whereas displaying off your Halloween threads within the costume contest. This Pop-Up Market in Midtown can have loads of meals, drinks, video games, and raffles to go round. 6pm to 11:30pm.
- Hallows Eve Costume Dinner Event at Optimus Oligarchy – Begin your pre-Halloween celebration in Northwest Houston at Optimus Oligarchy. Every ticket receives a dinner entree, two drinks and a lethal dessert. Put on your costume for an opportunity to win the Greatest Costume Contest. Tickets are $25. 6pm to 10pm.
- Harbor Halloween Party on the 1877 Tall Ship Elissa – In Galveston, the tall ship celebrates its 144th birthday by internet hosting a particular outside occasion with Saint Arnold brews, celebratory cake, meals, music and prizes for individuals who arrive in costume. Tickets are $75. 6pm to 9pm.
- Scream on the Green at Discovery Green | FREE – The Downtown park hosts a citywide Halloween celebration with a fancy dress contest, music, and movie screening of the 1988 Tim Burton traditional, Beetlejuice. 6pm to 10pm.
- 4th Annual Into the Woods Halloween Party & Fundraiser at the Woodlands Waterway – This charity fundraiser gathers proceeds for various youth and community-oriented organizations, whereas additionally placing on an enormous Halloween bash with on line casino video games, a fancy dress contest, fortune tellers, thriller containers and extra. Tickets are $100. 6:30pm to midnight.
- Scaryoke at Klaus Brewing Co. in Jersey Village | No Cowl – The Jones Street brewery hosts a fancy dress contest and Halloween karaoke occasion, with money prizes for varied costume winners. 7pm to 9pm.
- Halloween Sip & Stroll at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Friends will stroll alongside the Arboretum’s dimly lit trails the place they might encounter creatures of the night time. The ultimate vacation spot will characteristic outside music and mingling with charcuterie supplied by Graze HTX and drinks from Saint Arnold Brewing Firm. Tickets are $55; 21+ solely. 7pm to 9pm.
- Doomsday Wrestling at Market Square Park | FREE – The dwell, body-slamming comedy present involves Downtown for a full night time of laughter from the wacky, Halloween-themed wrestlers. Along with the motion, get pleasure from enjoyable garden video games, drinks and music. 7pm to 10pm; wrestling begins at 8pm.
- 94.5 the Buzz presents Halloween Bash with Blue October at Bayou Music Center – 94.5 the Buzz’s Theresa hosts this Halloween Bash in Downtown, full with a fancy dress contest, enjoyable treats, and a particular efficiency by Houston’s personal, Blue October, acting on their This Is What I Dwell For tour. Tickets vary from $38 to $59.50. 8pm.
- Zoo Ball 2021: The After Party at Houston Zoo – Whereas the Zoo Ball has reached full capability, you may nonetheless get into the after celebration which wraps up the primary occasion with DJ tunes, an open bar, late-night bites, a silent public sale and extra. Tickets are $125. 8pm to midnight.
- Spirits & Skeletons at Houston Museum of Natural Science – The Museum District scorching spot will open up the complete museum, permitting for ghouls and goblins to get pleasure from an enormous Halloween bash with dwell music, DJs, meals vehicles, and drinks. Tickets are $60. 8pm to 1am.
Halloween, Sunday, October 31, 2021
- The BOOrunch! Halloween Mixer and Market at Pitch 25 | No Cowl – In honor of the spooky season, Pitch 25 in EaDo is internet hosting a brunch time mixer and market. Don’t miss out on the meals, drinks, dwell music, and photograph ops. Friends can RSVP on-line, however it’s not required. 11am to 4:30pm.
- Hallows Cup at Houston Polo Club – Swing by the polo grounds for a particular Halloween-themed match. Costumes are inspired and children can take part in a halftime sweet toss, plus there will likely be prize drawings, dwell music, a participant parade and a particular trophy presentation after the match. Tickets are $32.50; $15.50 for ages 12 and beneath. Grandstand containers, which embody seating for two to twenty friends, vary from $79 to $695. 4pm.
- Halloween Houston at Space Nightclub | No Cowl – In the event you haven’t had sufficient Halloween partying by the thirty first, Area in Midtown has you lined. Seize some meals or benefit from their unimaginable drink specials. Make sure you put on your costume for an opportunity at $3,000 grand prize. 9pm to 2am.