In a brand new behind-the-scenes take a look at Cabinet of Curiosities, Guillermo del Toro says the anthology sequence “is a present that I’ve all the time needed to make.” Not all lifelong ardour tasks find yourself being all the things their creators dreamed of, although. Thankfully, that’s clearly not what the Oscar-winner had in thoughts for his upcoming Netflix sequence. It appears like a complete nightmare. Eight fashionable nightmares, to be actual. Collectively they make up considered one of our most anticipated releases of 2022. And also you don’t even have to observe this new teaser to see why. New Cupboard Of Curiosities photographs supply loads of nightmare gas, all created with sensible results.
This fall, Guillermo del Toro and pals will convey eight terrifying tales to Netflix. Right here’s the present’s official synopsis:
In Cupboard Of Curiosities, acclaimed Academy Award-winning filmmaker and creator, government producer and co-showrunner Guillermo del Toro has curated a set of unprecedented and genre-defining tales meant to problem our conventional notions of horror. From macabre to magical, gothic to grotesque or classically creepy, these eight equally refined and sinister tales (together with two authentic tales by del Toro) are dropped at life by a crew of writers and administrators personally chosen by del Toro.
As nice as this teaser is, new official photographs from Netflix are scary sufficient to promote us on the sequence. Particularly once you keep in mind they function the kind of practical effects del Toro is known for.
The streaming website additionally launched the whole checklist of episodes together with their administrators and stars. Yow will discover the complete lineup on the finish of this text. The query isn’t what huge names are concerned, however relatively which of them aren’t. This series is loaded with unimaginable creators and actors.
Whereas every installment options its personal all-star crew, they’ll all be totally different. In a press release, del Toro defined why every story can have its personal distinctive taste. “With Cupboard Of Curiosities, we got down to showcase the realities current outdoors of our regular world: the anomalies and curiosities,” he mentioned. “We hand-picked and curated a gaggle of tales and storytellers to ship these tales, whether or not they come from outer area, supernatural lore, or just inside our minds.”
The sequence will debut on Netflix on Tuesday, October 25, with two episodes. The streaming website will then launch two new episodes a day by way of Friday, October 28. (Nonetheless, the official information under is in alphabetical order, not launch order.) And we will’t consider a greater solution to prep for Halloween than with a Guillermo del Toro anthology horror sequence. That feels like a dream come true. One that may nearly actually give us nightmares.
Guillermo Del Toro’s Cupboard Of Curiosities Episodes:
DREAMS IN THE WITCH HOUSE
- Rupert Grint (Servant, Harry Potter franchise), Ismael Cruz Cordova (Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Energy, The Undoing, Miss Bala), DJ Qualls (Turning Level, Supernatural), Nia Vardalos (Love, Victor, Station 19, My Massive Fats Greek Marriage ceremony) and Tenika Davis (Jupiter’s Legacy, Titans)star in an episode written by Mika Watkins (Origin; Black Mirror; Troy: Fall of a Metropolis) (based mostly on a brief story by H.P. Lovecraft) and directed by Catherine Hardwicke (13; Lords of Dogtown; Twilight)
- David Hewlett(SEE, The Form of Water; Stargate: Atlantis) stars in an episode written (based mostly on a brief story by Henry Kuttner) and directed by Vincenzo Natali (In The Tall Grass; Splice; Dice; Hannibal)
- Tim Blake Nelson (Watchmen; The Ballad of Buster Scruggs), Elpidia Carrillo (Predator; Bread & Roses; Euphoria), Demetrius Grosse (Concern The Strolling Useless; Boon; Lovecraft Nation) and Sebastian Roché (The Man within the Excessive Fort; The Younger Pope)star in an episode written by Regina Corrado (Deadwood; The Pressure) (based mostly on an authentic story by Guillermo del Toro); and directed by Guillermo Navarro (Godfather of Harlem; Narcos)
- Ben Barnes (Shadow and Bone), Crispin Glover (Again To The Future), and Oriana Leman(The Whale) starin an episode written by Lee Patterson (Curve; The Colony) (based mostly on a brief story by H.P. Lovecraft) and directed by Keith Thomas (Firestarter)
- Academy Award winner F. Murray Abraham (Mythic Quest; Homeland; Amadeus), Glynn Turman (Ma Rainey’s Black Backside; Fargo; The Wire) and Luke Roberts (Ransom; Black Sails) will seem in an episode written by David S. Goyer (The Sandman; Darkish Metropolis; The Darkish Knight; Batman Begins) (based mostly on a brief story by Michael Shea),and directed by David Prior (The Empty Man; AM1200)
- Essie Davis (The Babadook), Andrew Lincoln (The Strolling Useless; Penguin Bloom) and Hannah Galway (Intercourse/Life) star in an episode written (based mostly on an authentic story by Guillermo del Toro) and directed by Jennifer Kent (The Babadook; The Nightingale)
- Kate Micucci (The Little Hours; Mother) and Martin Starr (Silicon Valley; Occasion Down)lead an episode written by Haley Z. Boston (Model New Cherry Taste) (based mostly on a brief story by comedian ebook writer Emily Carroll) and directed by Ana Lily Amirpour (A Woman Walks Dwelling Alone at Night time; Mona Lisa and the Blood Moon; The Unhealthy Batch)
- Peter Weller (upcoming The Colosseum; Bare Lunch; Star Trek Into Darkness; Robocop), Eric André (The Eric Andre Present; The Righteous Gems), Sofia Boutella (Kingsman: The Secret Service; upcoming Insurgent Moon), Charlyne Yi (At all times Be My Perhaps; Good Ladies), Steve Agee (Peacemaker; The Suicide Squad), Michael Therrialt (Locke and Key; Cult of Chucky) and Saad Siddiqui (From Scratch; DC’s Legends of Tomorrow) star in an episode directed by Panos Cosmatos (Mandy), who additionally writes, together with Aaron Stewart-Ahn.